Sunday, May 17, 2015

Prosser Hollow

Went for a short hike early this morning in Rensselaer County. Climbed up to Taconic ridge using the Lower Prosser Hollow trail. This is an old road that is now a foot trail. The bottom part was a bit muddy and rutted from ATVs. Further up, the trail was dryer and in better shape. After an almost continuous climb, I reached the Taconic Crest trail. I turned left and headed north. Passed a nice cut view looking east into Vermont. Continued on as the TCT descended. Soon I reached the unmarked Upper Prosser Hollow trail. I turned left and followed the eroded trail downhill. It became more muddy and overgrown toward the bottom with prickers. I reached a meadow/field and pretty much lost the trail at this point - so, I just headed south. I soon reached the Lower Prosser trail again, not far from the car. Returned a bit scratched up, but no worse for wear.

Round-trip Distance: 3.0 mi
Elevation Change: 1000 ft

Prosser Hollow

No comments: