Sunday, November 15, 2009

Head in the clouds

I headed up north to Lake George with Howie today. We did a loop over Pilot Knob ridge. It was a cloudy day with fog on the lake. When I got to the first lookout, I couldn't see Jack ... or Jill for that matter. This wasn't a good hill to find water on anyway. I continued on the path to grassy sub-peak. I was just above the fog on the lake, but below the high clouds overhead ... kind of like the meat in a cloud sandwich. There was a brief window of clarity to the west across the lake. I took some pics and then sat down to enjoy my ham sandwich. Of course, I had to share some with Howie. I then followed the drainage back down to the main trail and then returned to the car three hours after I started.

Round-trip Distance: 5.5 mi
Elevation Change: 1460 ft

Pilot Knob Fall

1 comment:

QM said...

I like the first photo.