Friday, November 10, 2006

What are the chances

What are the chances of seeing other hikers on a mountain with no trail and on a weekday? Pretty good I guess ... since that is what happened today.
I took a day off from work on this sunny day to climb North Dome in the Catskills. Howie and I started off on the Devils Path trail. After about a mile, we headed off the trail and up toward the peak. Not far from the top Howie and I met up with the group of three that had the same destination this day. They were surprised to see us (likewise). I passed them and went on to the top of the peak. I signed the log book in the canister. The group caught up to me again later as I was wandering around the summit trying to find the view point. I followed them a little ways until we reached the rock ledge with a 180 degree view. Stopped for a quick lunch and then said goodbye to the group and headed back down to the car.

Summit Elevation: North Dome 3610 ft
Round-trip Distance: 4.5 mi
Elevation Change: 1830 ft












View













Howie and I

2 comments:

Queen Monkey said...

Maybe they were aliens.

Grog said...

The truth is out there!