Saturday, May 19, 2007

Canine fugitive



So yesterday, Howie decided that he wanted to explore the neighborhood on his own. Ok, so I left the gate open while I was mowing the lawn. I still don't know how he snuck by me. Anyway, when I discovered he was missing, I looked all over the neighborhood for him ... both on foot and by car until it got dark. I figured somebody would find him and bring him back or call since he has an ID tag on his collar. Well, after a restless night, morning came and still no Howie. I printed out some 30 "lost dog" posters and scattered them around the area.
In the afternoon, I went down to the Menands animal shelter to see if he was there. The clerk said that the police had picked up a beagle in Albany. She showed me into the holding room and there he was. I wasn't able to pick him up today as the city has to release him. And that means, I have to pay a fine (for having a loose dog). But, I can't do that until Monday when the city clerks office is open. But, at least he is safe until I can "post his bail."

1 comment:

Queen Monkey said...

I'm glad he's safe and sound. That must have been nervewracking!