Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Xmas Hikes

I did several short hikes over the Christmas holiday (also taking advantage of my new waterfall book). The first was to Carpenter Falls with Anne and Tom on Christmas eve. We did about 1.5 miles of walking.
Carpenter Falls
On the day after Christmas, Howie and I stopped at a couple other parks with waterfalls on the way back to Albany. The first stop was Pratt's Falls. I followed the Falls loop trail down to the base of the falls and then back up to the overlook area. Did about 0.6 miles of walking.
Pratts Falls
The second stop was Chittenango Falls. The Gorge trail was closed for the winter, so I could only see the falls from the top. Walked around 2 miles on various trails and roads in the park.
Chittenango Falls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the upper falls were more active than they were during your initial hike at Thanksgiving.

Grog said...

a lot of snow had melted when it warmed up over the weekend, plus the rain