Saturday, August 16, 2014

"Benny" Hill

I've climbed Bennett Hill in Clarksville numerous times - and I usually don't blog about it. But, this time was special. I had a new hiking partner with me ... Benny the beagle. I got him from the local shelter (Mohawk Hudson Humane Society) about a week ago. He's a rescue dog that came up from the south (around Kentucky area) via the Rescue Waggin. He seems to be a well behaved, low key dog that is adjusting to life in upstate NY.

From the parking area, we took the green trail on up and then the yellow loop trail that goes around the top. Benny did pretty good on the leash, though he moves at a leisurely pace. The total trip was around 2.5 miles with 400 feet of easy climbing.
Bennett Hill

3 comments:

Williesmom said...

Looks like a real cute guy. How old is he? Love his name.

Anonymous said...

He is around 8 years old according to my vet. He is low key and a nice dog.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with you new companion. May he be as lucky as Howie.

Alan