Saturday, April 14, 2007

Something old ... something new

Howie and I did a couple of local hikes today. The first was at the Moccasin Kill Preserve which I had never been to before. We did the two loop trails (red and blue). There was nobody else around for our short walk.


Trail along a narrow ridge


Small creek

Our next stop was to Plotterkill Preserve which I have visited many times before. We hiked part of the red trail (to the Rynex creek crossing) and then back-tracked. Also took the yellow spur trail down to the second falls, and then finished up with the blue overlook trail. The trails were a little wet and muddy, but I had my waterproof boots on. There were quite a few people here.


Howie wonders why there is still snow in mid April


Lower Falls

2 comments:

Queen Monkey said...

What? No mileage?

Grog said...

It was not much. Around 3-4 miles total.