Thursday, July 12, 2007

Every body (part) hurts

It looked like we would have a break from the hot, humid and rainy weather, so I took the day off on Thursday to go hiking. Howie and I started out from the Garden parking lot at around 8:20 AM. Our destination was Haystack mountain - an Adirondack high peak. We had a gorgeous day for hiking. Since it was a weekday, there were few other people on the trail. I arrived back at the car by 6 pm, tired and sore, but it was worth the effort.

Summit Elevation: Haystack 4961 ft
Round-trip Distance: 17.8 mi
Elevation Change: 3440 ft

Haystack

5 comments:

Queen Monkey said...

18 miles up over 3400 feet. Holy crap!

Queen Monkey said...

I like the view to the East. Nippletop?

I also like the photos of Howie and the flowers.

Did you notice that Howie made Cash for Critters this week?

http://crittercash.blogspot.com/

Grog said...

I saw Howie's picture on CFC.

Nippletop...

http://gsenft.blogspot.com/2005/09/hehhehheh.html

Queen Monkey said...

Oh that's right. I remember N.T. now.

Anonymous said...

did you take some advil or some other pain killer