Sunday, November 25, 2007

Carpenter Falls

After a week of turkey, potatoes, squash, gravy, stuffing, cranberries, pies, candy, cookies, cakes and ice cream (oh my!), I needed to at least try and get a short hike in. Howie and I went to Carpenter Falls Ravine on the west side of Skaneateles Lake. What a nice find. Parked at the trailhead on Appletree Road and started on the trail to the lower falls (also known as Angel Falls). There was a dusting of snow in the woods. The trail followed along the top of the ravine and well above Swamp Creek. I carefully climbed down the steep slope to the creek level, so I could get better pictures of the falls. I returned back to the trailhead and then took the second trail to the upper falls. I got back to the car and then drove down the road to the lake (Carpenter point) where there was another nature preserve. It had a trail which lead back up the ravine eventually connecting to the lower falls trail. Altogether, we did about two miles of walking.

Carpenter Falls Ravine

1 comment:

Queen Monkey said...

No thanksgiving for us. Just Christmas decorations in Spring. Weird.