Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wolf Creek Falls Preserve

Howie and I did a hike today near Altamont in a relatively new nature preserve - Wolf Creek Falls. I parked in the snow covered lot on Bozenkill Road. We did a loop in the southern half of the preserve using the white and gold (yellow) trails. The trails were wide and mostly flat. There was a fresh coating of snow everywhere which created a nice winter scene. Passed numerous stone walls which remained from the time the land was once used to keep sheep. Crossed the road over to the northern half of the preserve. Followed the red and white trails. There were some nice small waterfalls and cascades on Wolf Creek (which eventually empties into the nearby Bozenkill creek). In other news, my car was stuck in the parking lot. I called my friend who came by and tried to push while I drove, but that didn't work. Ended up using tow rope which got my Vibe back on the road.
Wolf Creek Preserve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it too cold to hike today? It was 4 degrees in Erie with a wind chill of -16F.

Grog said...

It was nice while hiking. Sun came out and not too cold.
When I left, it started getting windy with blowing snow.