Sunday, October 26, 2008

On Patrol

I went out to patrol my adopted section of trail (Mink Hollow). There wasn't too much that needed to be trimmed. I cut a few trees that had fallen across the trail. It was very wet out after all the rain we got on Saturday. Water was coursing down many sections of the trail and creek crossings were high. I eventually reached the lean-to (the end of my section), and then headed up the Devils Path to the lookout on Plateau. I took a quick break, tagged the summit and then headed back down as the sun was setting. Got back to the car just as it was getting dark.

Summit Elevation: Plateau 3840 ft
Round-trip Distance: 7.5 mi
Elevation Change: 2360 ft
Plateau mountain

2 comments:

Queen Monkey said...

That's a long stretch to adopt! Very nice of you to take care of nature.

Grog said...

It's only about 3 miles long and not too bad since it's an old eroded road.