Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lucky day

This afternoon, I did some hiking in the Southern Adirondacks with Howie. First, we did a hike up Good Luck mountain. Followed snowmobile trails for a while, and then turned off onto the marked path up to the cliffs. It was a short, but steep climb. Nice views on this sunny, breezy day. On the way back, I followed an unmarked path down the north side.

Round-trip Distance: 3.2 mi
Elevation Change: 600 ft

Afterward, we did another short hike to Jockeybush Lake. The marked trail followed along the creek to the outlet of the lake. I took the crude path around the north shore to a nice spot to take a quick dip. Howie waited for me on the shore. Dried off and then headed back to the car. The round trip distance was 2.2 miles.

1 comment:

QM said...

I like the lake shot the best.