Sunday, December 09, 2012

Rand Mountain

Did a hike in the southern Adirondacks with Howie. Our destination today was Rand mountain. Couldn't drive all the way to the trailhead since Hope Falls road was closed where the pavement ends. So, I parked at the barricade and walked the road. After about a mile near a camp site, I started my bushwack heading in a SE direction. I was able to avoid any cliffs and it was open woods all the way up. After a short but steep climb, I reached the cliffs on the NW side of the mountain and stopped for a break. There were nice views to the west. Continued in a easterly direction until I reached the woods road. Took that to the third falls on Tenant creek. Followed the foot path past the other two falls eventually reaching the road which I took back to the car.

Summit Elevation: Rand 1780 ft
Round-trip Distance: 7.0 mi
Elevation Change: 800 ft
Rand

No comments: