Thursday, July 16, 2015

Knob Lock

Climbed a trail-less peak in Northern Adirondacks today - Knob Lock mountain (Elizabethtown No. 1). Parked at the Owls Head Lookout/Giant mountain trailhead on Route 9N. Followed the trail for about 3/4 mile, then headed off trail and followed the eastern ridge of Knob Lock mountain. There were many open rock areas interspersed along the way. It got thick closer to the top, but eventually I made it. There were great views in almost all directions. I headed back down northeast and then north. It was also thick in this direction until I got further down the mountain. Eventually I reached the highway which I followed back to the car. Nice sunny day for hiking.

Summit Elevation: Knob Lock 3192 ft
Round-trip Distance: 6.0 mi
Elevation Change: 2100 ft
Knob Lock

No comments: