Sunday, June 14, 2009

Trail work

I climbed Windham High Peak in the Catskills today. I also worked on my newly adopted section of the trail ... the first 1.1 miles of the Escarpment trail from the trailhead on Route 23 to the lean-to. For the most part, the trail was in good shape. A crew had gone through already and cleared the blowdown. I clipped a few branches here and there, but there was not much to do. After taking a break at the lean-to, I continued climbing to the top.

Reached the summit, enjoyed the views and some snacks. Real nice day out.

Summit Elevation: Windham 3524 ft
Round-trip Distance: 6.4 mi
Elevation Change: 1740 ft

Windham 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you are ever down in Ky. please come see us at the Red River Gorge. Our site is gorgecrew.com & we meet on the 2nd Sat of each month in the gorge. we are doing 90% of all trail maint on over 50 miles of trails. we have our own private camp and after work we cook, imbibe and look through my 15 inch truss Dob telescope.
Clear Skies,
Lacy Thomas