Friday, May 28, 2010

Pleasant Surprise

I got a head start on the long weekend and did a hike this afternoon with Howie. We went to Eminance State Forest (south of Cobleskill). I parked on Sawyer Hollow Road and started out on the Long Path. The trail went through a small field before entering the woods. It crossed a stream on a bridge and then followed a creek uphill. On the way, there were many nice cascades and waterfalls. The trail leveled out and we passed a small pond. Continued on to the lean-to and stopped for a sandwich. I kept going until the Long Path reached Cole Hollow Road near the town line. On the return trip, I took a slightly different route following Huckleberry Kingdom Road to Hall Road, and then back on the Long Path again to reach the car. A nice hike in an area I haven't visited before. Didn't see anybody else in the woods. I should have brought some bug spray as they were out looking for victims. Walked over 7.5 miles today.

Eminance State Forest

1 comment:

Williesmom said...

Sounds like another hike Willie might enjoy. Thanks