Saturday, May 01, 2010

Plotterkill

I wanted to get out early and do a hike today (to try and beat the forecasted heat). Howie and I went to Plotterkill Preserve near Rotterdam. Started at the trailhead on Rte 159 and followed the red trail to the north rim. Crossed the top of Rynex creek falls and then down to the Plotterkill creek. I followed along the creek back up to the bottom of the lower falls and Rynex creek falls. Had a PB&J sandwich and then followed the creek back down to the lower end of the preserve - sometimes walking in the creek (which didn't have a lot of water) and sometimes along either side in the woods. Passed several cascades along the way (a few of which I hadn't seen before). Upon reaching the lower end, I followed the red trail back up to the north rim and eventually back to the car. Covered about 6 miles on this warm and sunny day.
Plotterkill

No comments: