Friday, July 27, 2012

Misery loves company

Did a hike this afternoon in the Taconics. Drove up Robinson Hollow way, a steep narrow gravel road, to the parking area. Then, I started out on what I thought was the marked trail. It wasn't ... just an unmarked old logging road. I had my GPS so I couldn't really get lost, so I continued on. Shortly, I got to a fork and took the left branch that dropped down into the hollow. Crossed a creek (which was mostly dry) and started back uphill on another logging road. The road petered out and I then crossed another drainage and hooked up with a different logging road going in the same northerly direction. Eventually, I got onto another road which was level and heading east toward the ridge. I reached an intersection and followed that road up to the ridge. Soon, I was on the Taconic Crest trail (actually a re-routed section of it). I then headed north on the TCT across Misery mountain. Got to the NY and MA markers and turned around. Headed back south on the TCT and then took the correct trail (yellow markers) back down to the parking area. Had a nice unexpected adventure today. Walked about 7.5 miles total.
MIsery

No comments: