Friday, May 23, 2014

Seattle

Next phase of my vacation was visiting my other sister in Seattle. On Friday, I climbed Cougar mountain which is conveniently located behind her house. From the trail-head on Newport Way NW, followed various trails to Anti-Aircraft peak and back (Big Tree Ridge, Red Cedars, Surprise Creek, Shrangi La, Lost Beagle, Coyote Creek, No Name). Of course, since this is Seattle, it rained for a good portion of my hike. Luckily, the skies cleared by the time I got to the lookout and for the remainder of my trek.

Round-trip Distance: 5.5 mi
Elevation Change: 1350 ft

On Saturday, we visited Deception Pass state park. Did a loop hike over Goose Rock. Climbed up the west side, then descended down the south side and followed the perimeter trail around the east and north side. Had a picnic near the beach after the hike. Definitely too cool for swimming.

Round-trip Distance: 2.8 mi
Elevation Change: 760 ft
Seattle

No comments: